Wednesday, July 9, 2008

170 days later...

After 170 days, 19 countries, 9,000 pictures, 1 hospital visit, and 0 robberies, the journey is officially over. And it was an incredible one, filled with wonderful friends (both new and old), spectacular places, valuable lessons, and so much more. I don’t know if I’ll ever arrive at a point at which I can adequately put it all into words. But I think that’s the way it should be.

Back home in Orlando, Florida, I’ve been enjoying motorcycle rides, time with family, and a nice, big, soft bed. With my laptop back in my possession, I’ve been busily organizing photographs in preparation of posting them here. I have a lot of catching up to do. I’m planning to post the first of several updates on China very soon, and after that I’ll begin posting photos from my travels with my dad and brother in Europe.

I am very grateful to you all for visiting my blog, and especially grateful to those of you who sent me comments and emails—it’s a great feeling to know so many people took an interest in my wanderings (and my well-being!). I hope you learned something, and, ideally, that you found in my posts a little motivation to do some wandering of your own.

Well, as I said, I'm going to be sorting my photos and posting a first update on China soon, with others to follow. I hope you'll check back soon!

No comments: